Sully | Teen Ink

Sully

By Kelsey19 BRONZE, River Forest, Illinois
Kelsey19 BRONZE, River Forest, Illinois

Sully an amazing and moving movie.

The movie Sully was based off of a true story about when Captain Chesley Sullenberger had to land a plane into the Hudson River. Captain Sullenberger, called Sully for short,  was faced with a very difficult decision after birds flew into the engines of the plane, Sully had to think about what was the best option for the safety of the passengers on plane. After choosing to land in the Hudson River he is faced with an investigation that could ruin his career and his reputation. This movie was directed by Clint Eastwood and Sully was played by Tom Hanks. Since this movie was based off of a true story it made it more emotional because it was so realistic. It made you think about the people who were really on that flight. After leaving the Theater a phrase that stuck with me was when Captain Sully said, “This is the Captain, brace for impact.” That is just one of the many times I was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see what happened next.This movie was very powerful because it showed the struggles that Sully faced, he was being called a hero but at the same time was under investigation for his choice.  One out of the many things I liked about this movie is that it was not too long, some movies can be up to 3 hours long , but Sully was 1 hour and 36 minutes long. I feel like it did not drag on nor did it feel cut short. Overall I would highly recommend this movie.