Captain America: Civil War This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In 2008, a billionare mogul became an armor clad superhero. 2009 came, and everyone's favorite rage monster smashed into the big screen.  In 2010, Iron Man returned, this time with a military veteran, armed with his own armored suit, and a woman creeping out of a secret defense organization. In 2011, gods rained from the sky to bring their fight to Earth. Later that year, we returned to 1942, to watch our Star Spangled Banner being honored by a man who fought against the people who sought to destroy us.  And in 2012, these heroes united to fight against something that they couldn't defeat without each other. In the following years, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and more fought against their own demons, gods who seek to bend reality, a sinister parasite/mole within their goverment, and a sentient being focused only on their destruction. These events all led to this: The Civil War between the Avengers. 

Captain America: Civil War, directed by the Russo Brothers (of Captain America: The Winter Soldier fame), and starring Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. , Scarlett Johannson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen, and Daniel Bruhl (there's even more), follows Cap and the rest of the Avengers, as they protect the world, only to find themselves responsible for destruction and catyclism. After a horrible castrophe in Lagos, the Avengers are presented with the Sokovia Accords, a government document relegating command of the Avengers to the goverment itself. This forms a rift between our heroes, as Captain America takes a stand against the Accords, while Iron Man reluctantly agrees with it. The rest take sides, starting a battle for who really is the leader of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Further fueling the fire is the reemergence of Cap's old war friend - turned brainwashed assasain - Bucky Barnes a.k.a. The Winter Soldier. His past comes into question as a mysterious man, Zemo, starts pulling the strings of the Avengers, and an advanced nation starts to tail them too. 

The hype surrounding this movie was massive. The thought of seeing our greatest heroes fight each other is the stuff of dreams. And this movie plays exactly like you'd like it to be, to say the least. The cast, as usual, hits it out of the park. Standouts include the two main leader, Evans and Downey, with Evans putting a more emotional take on the Captain, and Downey playing a darker, broken Tony Stark. Also, Sebastian Stan, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Paul Rudd, and Daniel Bruhl also turn in great performances. But I cannot ignore the two best characters in the movie, both new to the MCU also. Chadwick Boseman nails it as T'Challa, a diplomat/prince/warrior from Wakanda, a subdued ahead-of-its-time nation, home to its vibranium clad guardian, The Black Panther. Additionally, Spider-Man is introduced to the MCU in his new form played by Tom Holland, who is the Spider-Man everyone loves from the comics. I can't wait to see more from both of these two. The plot is execeptionally stellar in this movie, dealing with the fallout of previous movies, while also turning a great story with twists and surprises. The emotional depth this movie got to by the end was amazing. Action as usual was great in this film, with the Tarmac battle and the ending fight my personal favorites in the MCU to date. Music was ok, nothing to execeptional, as to expect from Marvel movies now. This movie has very little problems, although at times it can be overstuffed and not feel like a Captain America movie anymore. Nevertheless, I think this is my favorite MCU movie, and favorite movie of this year. 10/10

Captain America: Civil War wows with great action, a mature and deep plot, and performances that will define this generation.