Jack of the Red Hearts | Teen Ink

Jack of the Red Hearts

By PrincessTay17 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
PrincessTay17 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio

In this movie, an 18-year old girl, Jack, finds herself stuck in a tough situation. Jack had a little sister, “Coke.” Their mother had passed away and they did not have a dad. Jack was on probation for many crimes that she had done. Since she had been 18-years old,she wanted to get custody of her 11-year old sister, but she had no way of getting it because she had no job nor a house. Jack and “Coke” had to sneak to be able to see each other. Jack and her sister had faked a Red-Cross foundation to raise money.

Jack’s probation officer had caught her with her little sister. When the officer saw them, Jack ran away and hid at her friend’s house. Jack was in  desperate need of making money. While they were doing the “foundation,” a man about 40-years old had given Jack a babysitting job paper. Jack had her friend call the number to pretend it was Jack.

When the friend had called, the mom had told her that she already had someone named Dona coming in for an interview. Jack being as bad as a kid she is, she showed up at the house pretending to be related to them and acting like they didn’t need Dona anymore. When Dona left, Jack pretended to be her. Jack had no idea of who she was going to be babysitting. When she walked in, the mother had told her was going to be taking care of an 11-year old autistic girl named Glory.

Dona, the person that was suppose to the actual babysitter had told them that she was very experienced with autistic kids at that age, so therefore the mother had figured Jack was also. Glory’s mom and dad are both going back to work, so they needed a babysitter. As days went by, Jack had been struggling a lot trying to control Glory and all of her huge fits that she throws. Jack had to take Glory everyday to an autistic school. Jack got so close with the mom, that she had started to let her live there. More days went by and Jack and Glory got really close to each other. Jack started to look up videos on how to keep autistic kids calm.

After Jack had watched those, Jack had taught Glory how to eat with a spoon and talk very well. Glory’s mom didn’t think that Glory was ever going to be calm to get into this very intelligent school that she has always wanted to put her in. As Jack keeps teaching Glory more and more things each and everyday, she becomes very smart. Suddenly, one day Glory’s brother, Robert, came in the house and said that he had smelled cigarette smoke and nobody knew what it was coming from. Robert thought it was very fishy and went into Jack’s room that she had been staying in and started going through all of her stuff. While he was going through her stuff, he had found papers from her probation officer and also written checks that were the mom’s. Jack had been trying to forge the mother’s signature and hiding all of the papers from the probation officer. As soon as Robert had found all that, he had told his mom and dad and they called the probation officer’s number that was on the paper. Jack had been in shock and had no idea what was going on when she saw her probation officer at the house. Jack had been kicked out and was no longer allowed seeing them and Glory was upset because they were really close with each other. Of course all of this had happened right before Glory’s interview with the school and Glory was only comfortable around Jack with talking and everything else. Jack had talked to the family to see if she was allowed helping at the school interview and they had said yes. After the interview, the school had said Glory was a very smart girl and that they will hear back from them soon. Once the interview was over, Jack was taken by the probation officer and but in jail. That is the summary of the movie “Jack of the Red Hearts.”

I recommend this movie to anyone that is into a lot of drama and movies that leave you hanging on what’s going to happen in the next part. I would definitely rate this movie 5 stars.