Captain America: Civil War | Teen Ink

Captain America: Civil War

By DanielMurillo BRONZE, Suffern, New York
DanielMurillo BRONZE, Suffern, New York

The long-awaited film is finally here. A clash of two sides alike in strength. The technologically advanced Tony Stark against the  Super Soldier known as Captain America. What could possibly happen?

Captain America: Civil War is a movie directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and follows all twelve of the past Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movies. Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. make their return as Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Tony Stark (Iron Man). The Avengers have had multiple occasions fighting an opposing force. A lot of the time, this has happened in cities populated by many people. This causes numerous deaths and casualties. The United States government thinks that the Avengers have operated punishment free for too long. The government forces all superheroes to agree to the Sokovia Accords, a document giving up their rights and giving the government full control over the Avengers. Tony Stark and half of the Avengers agree with signing the document. On the other hand, Steve Rogers and the other half of the Avengers refuse to sign. Iron Man and his gang have to hunt down Captain america along with his group. This is the first time that the Avengers have been divided. The world is now about to find out what happens when superheroes turn against each other.

Personally, I loved this movie. I would go as far as saying that it might be the best Marvel movie ever made. For starters, all of the actors did a phenomenal job. They all played their part perfectly and truly made the audience feel emotional to the characters. Marvel is known for having “lighter” movies, meaning that they aren’t at all dark and more feel-good, happy ending, lollipops and rainbows. However, this movie wasn’t your average Marvel film. The Russo brothers did a great job in directing this because they made the movie a little more suspenseful. They made the audience feel as if anything could happen at any given moment. Probably my number one reason why this movie was so incredible was the fight scenes. People are used to seeing Hero fight bad guy. It’s always been like that. But now the tables have turned and it’s Hero vs Hero. Seeing all these people with tremendous strength and ability fight each other was really awesome. And of course, the one thing that all fans have been talking about, Spider-Man. That’s right Spider-Man was making his first appearance in the MCU on team Iron man. Fans were worried about how the directors were gonna portray Spidey this time, but I can honestly say, they killed it. Though not in the movie a whole lot of time, actor Tom Holland did a great job playing everyone’s favorite web-shooter. Another thing that the directors and writers were able to do was get every character really in the movie. When you have a movie with more than ten main superheroes, it’s hard to include all of them and show them equally. But of course, the people at Marvel did an outstanding job at doing this. It was also very interesting seeing Captain America being reunited with his lifelong best friend, Bucky (Winter Soldier). Steve and Bucky were best friends in Brooklyn way before he became Captain America. Bucky, showed in the last Captain America film, was captured by an evil organization named Hydra and was brainwashed to perform tasks including killing Captain America. Bucky was eventually able to somewhat block out Hydra’s orders with the help of Steve. Watching the two friends reconcile and fight together was a treat for the audience.

Captain America: Civil War was near flawless and could be considered one of the best superhero films ever made. The Marvel crew has never failed to make a solid movie and in this occasion, much more than solid. The movie was consistently action-packed and can make anybody’s heart beat fast. I would recommend this film to every single person reading this. And do it quickly, it won’t be in theatres for that long.

After I saw this movie, I was one-hundred percent sure it was my favorite super-hero movie. None of my friends had seen it yet and I couldn't hold my feelings in any longer. I had to write about it.