Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Teen Ink

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

By SethD. SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
SethD. SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Ever since I was a kid I loved Star War. I watched the movies over and over again. Also, the system games were very fun, I played those a lot. Despite all of this, my feelings are quite mixed about the newest Star Wars movie. I found the new movie to have good and bad parts in it. *Minor spoils*

First off, and probably the worst part about the movie, is that it’s quite predictable. Only a few minutes in, I could predict half the story line of the movie. They may have tried to do this but I find movies that give away most of plot right away to be boring and not suspenseful. Few movies have this unfortunate characteristic and I was sad to learn this was one of them. Luckily there were some twist plots to at least even out this negativity a little bit.
Though few and far between, I liked how they added a few twist plots in the movie. It was a nice touch to bring my attention back to the movie. With the new startling scenes the movie changed courses a little bit which made it less predictable than before. I think these twists made the movie more exciting.

Along with exciting, the movie was quite action packed. Right off the bat, there was a small battle scene. This scene grabbed my attention and made me hopeful for the rest of the movie. I found that I was right to be hopeful. There were multiple other action packed scenes that made you want to keep watching.

Although in these exciting scenes, there were quite a few unrealistic parts that the makers had to have to make the scenes exciting. These types of scenes started out realistic but took a turn for the worst and just weren’t possible after awhile, even in the make believe world of Star Wars. Some unrealistic parts can make a movie good but not all of them. Because of this, I think they made the movie better but you had to get over the parts being impossible.
There were also a few parts that were quite confusing. These parts were almost always related to the twist plots. I thought I knew what was going on but the twist plot came and completely revamped the scene/topic. I found this to be a good aspect of the movie. It added mystery, made you think, and made you pay closer attention.

For these reasons I have mixed feelings about the movie. Like the other Star Wars movies I watched as a kid, the makers did not disappoint. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a movie I recommend watching. 

I watched the movie when it first came out and wasn't quite sure how I felt about it.