The 5th Wave | Teen Ink

The 5th Wave

January 28, 2016
By Cburghokie GOLD, Christiansburg, Virginia
Cburghokie GOLD, Christiansburg, Virginia
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Some people just need a high five, in the face, with a chair.


Based on the novel by Rick Yancey, "The 5th Wave" will have you on the edge of your seat. This movie was not only a great film, but a great adaptation of the book as well. The director (Jonathan J Blakeson) did a fantastic job on this movie and is part of the reason it was so great.

As the movie opens up, we see Cassie (Chloe Grace Moretz) as a strong, yet scared teenage girl heading to a convenient store, with an M16 in hand. Then Cassie begins to explain the situation to the audience; the Others (aliens) have come to Earth and have begun to kill off the human race. Now she is trying to protect herself and her brother Sam (Zackary Arthur) from the Others and the Silencers.

Later on we meet Evan Walker (Alex Roe), the boy that supposedly risked his life for Cassie and the guy that every girl in the room fell for. With his soft eyes and caring personality, who wouldn't fall for this guy? But there is something off about him, something a little too mysterious that Cassie is trying to figure out.

The way that characters interact and the chemistry between them is very well done. Also, the flow of the story between scenecs was put together well. So all-in-all, this movie was on point. With great acting and being a great representation of the book, this is definitely something I would recommend anyone going to see!


The author's comments:

I loved the book and had to go see the movie. And just as I guessed, the movie definitely lived up to the book!