Juno | Teen Ink

Juno

By OnyxRuby BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
OnyxRuby BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

I like the movie Juno the claim for it is Teenagers should think before they try to have intercourse at a young age because they can get an STD or get pregnant. Some people believe you can do whatever you want with your body at any age, but however my claim is the best argument.

In Juno, JunoMacGuff (Ellen Page) had intercourse for the first time with her best friend Paulie Bleeker (Micheal Cera) and got pregnant. Juno wanted to adopt the baby instead to a rich married couple Vanessa Loring (Jennifer Garner) and Mark Loring (Jason Bateman) but they ended up getting divorced, and also the relationship with Juno and Paulie wasn’t going to well either; but even though juno didn’t like that the couple got divorced and Vanessa was going to be a single mom Juno still gave her baby boy to Vanessa because she always wanted a child. 

The social issue I believe is in this movie is Teen pregnancy and Divorce the director did a pretty good job dealing with the social issues in the movie because everyone was happy at the end of the movie. Some background information about the movie Juno is that it came out in 2007 it’s a Drama/Romance film, it got the BFCA Critics Choice Award for best comedy in 2008, Satellite Award for Best film= Comedy in 2007, and Teen choice Award for Choice Movie Comedy in 2008 as well.

Some artistic decision in this movie is the language they cursed a little bit but not too much, the camera angles was outside most of the time, and the lighting it was great it the night scenes wasn’t too dark and the daylight scenes was just right, pretty much the lighting overall was nice.

What makes Juno a good movie is the actors they played their roles very well and the storyline is great the movie wasn’t too long or too slow the director did a good job on his movie because it got a lot of awards for it so kudos to you Jason Reitman for your great work.

To me Juno is just a nice Pg-13 movie I will give this movie a 4/5 stars its very funny and very touching it has no bad scenes and no extra scenes and it goes with the flow well.