Confessions of a Shopaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Confessions of a Shopaholic,” a romantic ­comedy based on the novel by Sophie Kinsella, will touch your heart and tickle your ­funny bone. Don’t let the title fool you – this is more than your average chick flick. The unique characters and witty ­dialogue make it entertaining for both genders.

“Shopaholic” follows the story of Rebecca (Isla Fisher), a shopaholic who lives for Gucci, Prada, and Chanel. Life is good until Rebecca finds herself under a mountain of debt without a job. Believing she is applying for her dream job at a fashion magazine, Rebecca somehow lands a gig at a finance publication instead. Nevertheless, her column is instantly popular, catapulting her to fame and gaining the attention of her boss, Luke (Hugh ­Dancy). Luke and Rebecca share a quirky and charming chemistry, adding to the film’s humor. The actors play off one each other’s personalities, ­creating an adorable romance that audiences will invest in and root for as it grows throughout the film.

Although the movie has over-the-top fashion, it isn’t overdone or too far-fetched. Audiences can relate to Re­becca’s vivacious and energetic personality, which Fisher ­portrays with charisma, but they can also understand her struggle to turn her life around.

The movie’s balance of humor and heartwarming moments will leave viewers with a message about friendship, family, and living life to the fullest. With well-chosen music, fantastic fashion, and hysterical moments, this movie will entertain and leave you ready to shop!

dmoskowitz said...
This movie is so funny! Loved your review

Onyxrose said...
I think you did great on this review, although I didn't like the movie. I think if I hadn't alread seen the movie, I would watch it after seeing this review.

Melka26 said...
Honestly, your review is good. But...I actually thought the movie was a total waste of time and the letter grade it deserves is a D. It was obnoxious and I know this is a common word but totally boring. Then again, it's my opinion.

bokworm said...
loved this movie good reviw

Cris. said...
Well.. I will admit that I didn't like the movie. The main character annoyed me alot and seemed exagerated. The story also, was often quite hard to believe. Your article was well written, though but if I hadn't seen the movie I would have liked you to give some examples of situations that happen in the movie.

pinksage33 said...
I love that movie!!!

Kaitlyn W. said...
I loved this movie and would recommend it to anyone

Carmen M. said...
Amazing work! It makes me want to see the movie!

Raymond W. said...
Loved it totally. One of the few movies this summer that I liked. Downloaded it to my Ipod!!!

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:08 am
i love this movie!! i am about to read the book!! amazing review!!

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:10 am
i honestly think that the book was better than the movie but maybe not to others you know

Maly T. said...
I hope this movie is good too!
I have to go watch this movie [:

skisnow said...
I hope it is good!

Amy W. said...
Mar. 1, 2009 at 11:59 am
Absolutely amazing film!!! One of the best.