Enchanted This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Contrary to popular belief, there isn't always a light at the end of the tunnel … or the well. That is exactly what Princess Giselle (Amy Adams) discovers when she is cast down one by the evil Queen Narissa (Susan Sarandon) ­because of the threat she poses to the crown. She emerges in a very scary place: modern-day Manhattan.

Her fiancé, Prince Edward (James Marsden), jumps in to try a rescue. Meanwhile, in Manhattan, Giselle meets a charming divorce attorney, Robert (Patrick Dempsey), who has a child and is planning to get married.

He takes her in out of sympathy and she begins falling for him and learns about life in the big city. Thus ensues a romantic comedy appropriate for even young children. The story line – a graceful jump from animated fairy tale to live-action comedy – makes this movie ­enchanting. Ten points for ­Disney.

What else would you expect from this flawless cast that ­includes Julie Andrews as ­narrator? The phenomenal Adams is an excellent choice for the clueless princess, and Marsden is great as the egocentric prince.

Although the cast is excellent, there are always those ­behind the scenes making the magic happen. “Enchanted” was lucky to have an experienced crew, beginning with ­director Kevin Lima.

The only thing I did not find entertaining was the cheesy music. They could have used a jazzier tone in the soundtrack, like in the Shrek movies. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the catchy calypso beat of “That's How You Know.” What sold the songs was the fabulous, fun choreography.

“Enchanted” was nominated for three Oscars for Best ­Original Song. Move over, “Snow White” – there's a new classic in town. “Enchanted” may take its place as the most original cliché Disney has ever thought of.

SkyWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 24, 2010 at 11:12 am:
that was a great reveiw!! i watched the movie and i didn't really enjoy it that much. Giselle seems to stupid to be an adult. I loved the review just not the movie

shabam34 said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:23 am:
That review was amazing!!! I absolutely loved it!!!!!!

K.C.Partrie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:39 am :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

shabam34 replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 1:32 pm :
Im new on this site. How long does it take them to post ur writing?

K.C.Peartree This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm :
I sent this article in in January 2009, they put it on the website a month later and it got published in the November 2009 issue of Teen Ink. They keep writing on file for publishing in the magazine for about a year I think. Hope I helped !

appleby said...
Feb. 22, 2009 at 1:39 am:
Awesome Review