american teen | Teen Ink

american teen

February 17, 2009
By lauren gohr BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
lauren gohr BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

American teen
Lauren c. Gohr
Period. 9
17feb 2009
On January 19, 2008 the movie American Teen was relesed at the Sundance film festival and became an epidemic in the film industrie. AMERICAN TEEN is the touching and hilarious hit that follows the lives of five teenagers - a jock, a popular girl, a heartthrob, an artsy girl and a geek ' in one small town in Indiana through their senior year of high school. We see the insecurities, the cliques, the jealousies, the first loves and heartbreaks, and the struggle to make profound decisions about the future. (Paramount Vantage).
This movie has been called a modern day breakfast club. Except this is not a controlled set with actors pretending to be something there not. These are real kids with actual problems. Like weather or not there going to get into collage or win prom queen, or how to break the news to there parents that they plan on leaving there small town, possible permanetly.

There are 5 main characters, Hannah(the reable/artsy girl), Colin(the jock), Mitch( the heart throb), megan(the valley girl), and Jake(the nerd). These people may go to the same high school but most of them had never met and would never have tgought about talking to each other. But that's the way it is at most high schools, all anyone cares about Is staying in their cliques witch many parents found out by watching this movie.
There are a lot of teens who are going through the same things and found comfort in knowing that there not alone. That was the entire mission of this movie. And that goal was acheved.