10 Things I Hate About You | Teen Ink

10 Things I Hate About You

February 17, 2009
By Anna Schnitter BRONZE, Princeton Jct., New Jersey
Anna Schnitter BRONZE, Princeton Jct., New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Boy wants to go out with girl. Girl cannot date because her father will not let her date until her sister dates. But the Girl does not really want to go out with the Boy, she is interested another Boy. However, the Boy pays some other Boy to date older sister. And the other Boy and her sister start to fall in love but the sister does not know that he is being paid to date her.
This entire twisted plot is based on the Shakespeare play The Taming of the Shrew. Starring Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles the movie has all of the components of a good Shakespeare play set in modern times. Set in High School, of course all the crucial issues of High School are featured, from girls betraying their bestfriend for a boy and first loves. The movie feature Letters to Cleo and their mix on the catchy song I Want You to Want Me. The movie contains a mix of modern rock and also includes music by Semisonic and Leroy. The movie may not lead you to an epiphany of life but 10 Things I hate About You shows the importance of family and forgiving people's mistakes. All and all the movie is funny and uplifting. So if you are looking for a movie that will leaves you smiling and laughing you have found the right movie here.