Spectacular! | Teen Ink

Spectacular!

February 16, 2009
By left_write BRONZE, Gallipolis, Ohio
left_write BRONZE, Gallipolis, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Though attempting to latch onto the musical fame of Disney (i.e. High School Musical, Camp Rock), Disney has produced some-what of a success with its latest film, Spectacular!. Spectacular!, which has a plot revolving around high-schooler Nikko, whose music ambitions get him kicked from his band and land him in the school show choir, holds unpredictable enough to keep its viewers engaged. The music itself, though catchy, isn't everlasting or original. What does make this film, however, is clear: casting. Twenty-three year-old Nolan Gerard Funk carries the film. Despite the fact that all the other young actors with musical chops were probably busying vying for Disney spot light, Nick settled nicely with Nolan.

However, Spectacular! does offer a few redemptions: tints of quick wit (“glee club gnome”) and the enviable attraction of Funk's character and his opposite.

All in all, this film cleans up very well, most likely a hit with younger audiences not hooked to Disney. Out of 5, it should be ranked 2'.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.