Peanuts | Teen Ink

Peanuts

November 19, 2015
By Asheley27 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Asheley27 BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The new “Peanuts” movie is a must see for a spirit enlightenment. It is a fun, family friendly, film that brings out the kid in all of us! This recently released film, directed by Steve Martino and based on the characters created by Charles Schulz, shares with us the story of the characters we all know and love. Charlie Brown, a young boy, seems to always mess things up with everything he does, and everyone knows it. He finally gets a chance to have a new start when The Little Red Haired Girl moves right across the street from him. He is infatuated and very determined to redeem himself and make a good first impression. He is faced with many challenges as all of his attempts get ruined by an unfortunate turn of events. As Charlie Brown faces his struggles again and again, Snoopy, his dog, is facing a great challenge as well. He is driven to defeat the Red Baron (an airplane) in his novel, that he begins to author. Throughout the novel, Snoopy faces life-threatening challenges as well as the objective of winning a young lady-dog’s heart in the process. He titles his adventurous endeavor, The Flying Ace. The film brings back all of the original characters from the comic strips as it explores our memory and helps us to create more for our generation.
This movie kept me smiling and laughing the entire time as it helped me realize how young we all are. When I first saw the previews, I was worried. I was hoping that they hadn’t changed anything to make it more modern. This movie definitely exceeded my expectations and kept me stress-free for the entire runtime of the movie. If you’re looking for a feel-good, family-friendly movie, search no more. You have found it! I recommend this movie to anyone (all ages) who is looking to return to their childhood and have a few laughs!