Trainwreck | Teen Ink

Trainwreck

By NickJR2468 GOLD, Southwick, Massachusetts
NickJR2468 GOLD, Southwick, Massachusetts

When they were younger Amy and her sister, Kim, were always told by their father that “monogamy isn’t realistic.” Now an adult Amy has lived a life without marriage or very serious relationships. A free life is great and all until you find someone that you truly love, which is what happens to Amy. Her new love interest is a sports doctor named Aaron (Bill Hader). They get along great, but Amy wants to follow the policy that her father bestowed upon her. Conflicted, she visits her dad; who has recently moved to a nursing home because of his MS. Things do not end well, so she seeks advice from her sister instead, which is not that helpful because her sister did not follow the policy and got married. For the rest, you need to watch the movie. Otherwise it will be too much of a spoiler.

Amy Schumer, who portrayed herself in the movie, did an outstanding job at showing what a person’s life could be f they never got married. She is newer to the comedy world and this movie has put her name out on the market.

Amy intended to be an actress when she got out of college, but is now more of a comedian. She has written some works, but she herself wrote the movie Trainwreck. She says “My comedy is unapologetic and fearless,” which truly shows in the movie.

Judd Apatow did a great job at directing in the RomCom. He has produced, directed and written a lot of major hits such as Knocked Up, Bridesmaids, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

Bill Hader (Aaron), a star of Saturday Night Live, uses the comedy in him perfectly mixed with a hint of romance to create a grand character. Keep an eye out for him though because in 2016 he will become the giant in The BFG.

John Cena, a WWE Superstar, has played roles in a lot of movies for all ages. He has starred in a Scooby Doo movie and all 3 of the Fred Figglehorn movies. He has also done movies for adults including The Marine and 12 Rounds. Hi part in this movie as Steve was thoroughly entertaining, but defiantly for adults.

Lebron James, who is a basketball legend, also is a producer and actor. He has never done major roles in movies some would say that his role in this one kept the story together and that he adds greatly to the comedical side of the movie.

The movie is getting into the new theme of longer movies, just getting over the 2 hour mark at 125 min. It is rated R, but some could argue that it needed a higher rating because of the content. Judd and Amy defiantly used all that they could to make this movie great. The language was not too bad, but R worthy. There is no doubt that there is nudity and strong sexual content (just wait until the first scene). Definitely review the rating before you bring someone of a younger age to it.

I loved this movie and I hope whoever sees it loves it too.