Poltergeist | Teen Ink

Poltergeist

October 7, 2015
By ShellyD BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois
ShellyD BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Poltergeist a suspenseful movie based on many events around a family and the kids. Director Gil Kenan made this film as a rewrite movie of Poltergeist (1982). Starring as one of the main characters was Kennedi Clements, playing Madison Bowen, the little girl who was taken from the house and was put in an alternative universe away from her family. Kennedi, at 8 years old, was very professional, and her acting was top notch and was absolutely believable. As a fan of the original movie, I was really looking forward to seeing how well Madison would be in the original movie and how it was now.  The characters were really alike and I have have to say I really enjoyed Kennedi playing Madison. 

One really good part of this movie was the special effects. These effects felt real. It was super enjoyable knowing that it was fake, but seeing everything coming together had the real effect that you saw come alive right in front of you. When the part of the movie happens when the little girl was flying into the closet and the lights were flashing and you only got glimpses of the different dimensions she went into gave to the suspense of wanting to know more; not being able to get the whole picture, you really felt like you were missing a part of the story and you needed to watch more to find out. Passing this part of the movie seeing the full part of the dimension you got to see and the cool effects and dead bodies or the underworld people who had these faces that you could never forget.


When the movie had just started, I had seen it at North Riverside mall; the movie theater was very cold and uncomfortable to sit in while watching the movie. When there is cold air blowing down your back and while you are more worried about being cold than you are worried about watching the movie, you get a little distracted . I feel when the movie was at the highest or at the middle of the movie the  air conditioner was that full of cold air. Go see the movie in a normal temperture movie theater.


I felt like the plot was very believable and the writing having the character and the people looking realy like they were scared and having the fear in their eyes showed how the movie came together. When the older daughter had to babysit, she felt relatable, knowing she was a teenage girl and having her babysit and her not wanting to made me think of me and how I do the samething. I feel like that's how the director showed the interest in teenagers, too.


I really enjoyed this movie, and if it wasn't for the coldness of the movie theater, I think I would have enjoyed it more. I would go see this movie and take the time out to look at this movie from a teenager’s eye and see how scary it is to have it happen to them.