The Fault in Our Stars | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars

“The Fault in our Stars” is a romantic/dramatic film produced by Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen. The main characters of the film are mainly Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters. Both of them have cancer, but that’s not the main point of the story. The main plot of the story is starts when Hazel’s mother believes that Hazel is depressed, her mom brings her to a support group. At this support group, she meets Augustus Waters. Besides the support group, both him and Hazel get together, and learn more about each other. Hazel introduces Augustus to a novel called Imperial Affliction. Augustus reads this and because both of them didn’t enjoy the ending, Augustus emails the author Peter VanHouten, and he invites them over to Amsterdam where he currently lives, in the movie. Minus Hazel suffering from Pleural Effusion, her mom and Augustus eventually go to Amsterdam. Hazel and Augustus meet Peter Van Houten, who turned out to be a mean, alcoholic. Hazel and Augustus don’t get the answer they were looking for which was what happened to the characters after the book ended, so Peter’s assistant Lidewij, brings them to the Anne Frank site house. The next day, Augustus tells Hazel that his cancer has spread all throughout his body and he doesn’t have much longer to live.

Over all, I love this movie. I can’t stop watching it. Every time I do see it, I cry. This movie always reminds me to not take my loved ones for granted because they could be taken away from me in a blink of an eye. It also make me appreciate their company every time they are with me. I would recommend this movie to teenagers who have lost a loved one, and who enjoy films that involve romantic drama.