Frozen | Teen Ink

Frozen

Disney’s movie, Frozen, is about two princesses who overcome the difficult obstacles they run through in life and grow to be great rulers of their kingdom. The two sisters, Elsa and Anna, start off as children playing together and experimenting with Elsa’s mysterious ice powers. Elsa realized the danger of her powers when she accidently hurt her younger sister. Due to the fear of her powers, Elsa was forced to keep her powers hidden from Anna by staying locked up in her bedroom. Her parents were the only ones who could comfort her when her powers got out of control, however this changed when the king and queen past away in a fatal storm. This meant that Elsa would be crowned as queen and the castle doors would open for the first time in years for her coronation. Anna was ecstatic about the coronation and the doors opening; Elsa on the other hand was fearful that her powers might take control over her during the ceremony and reveal her secret to her commoners. As the ceremony came to an end, Anna pushed Elsa’s emotions to the last straw causing her to lose control over her icy powers and run away to the top of the North Mountain where she built her own ice castle to escape the judgment of her kingdom. Anna and the new friends she met set out to find Elsa and restore the kingdom back in order. Elsa tries to control her powers, but the fear of her hurting others takes over and leads to her striking Anna again and freezing her sister. It takes love and the bond between the two sisters for Elsa to learn how to control her ice powers and save the kingdom from herself and from others trying to take over. I personally never knew anything about the director of this movie before, however I fell in love with the work put into this movie.

This movie had many amazing aspects to it that ranged from the graphics to the songs that the characters sang. The songs featured in the film were everything that you would expect from a Disney movie: fun, catchy, and upbeat. My favorite scene was when Elsa begins to build her ice castle singing Let It Go because it was not only beautiful to watch, but she finally realizes the beauty of her powers and what she can do with them when she’s not afraid to use them. Another incredible quality of Frozen is the drastic change in the message it delivers to young girls. It teaches girls to love each other instead of giving up everything for a man that you just met.

Because I grew up on the classic Disney princess movies, I am not one to be very enthusiastic about the new Disney princess movies. However, despite my hesitation to see the movie, Frozen seemed to prove my judgment on the new films wrong because I have absolutely nothing to say to criticize this movie. I fell in love with the plot, the songs, the theme, and all the characters that this movie had to offer. There is nothing I can think of to say negatively about this movie; every aspect of it was perfection.

This movie was more than anything I could have imagined it to be. I think that everyone, whether you love Disney movies or not, should take the time to watch it because of the amazing story, graphics, and message it delivers. Frozen won several different awards including the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film, the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film, the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Animated Feature, the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film, the Blimp Award for Favorite Animated movie, the Japan Academy prize for outstanding foreign language, and the PGA producer of the year award in animated theatrical motion pictures. Frozen was the winner of many awards due to the great work and effort put into it by the actors voicing the characters, the director, and producers. I would recommend anyone and everyone, no matter what gender or age, to watch this movie.