Tangled | Teen Ink

Tangled

March 15, 2015
By laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other
laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other
6 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
'One person's "annoying" is another person's "inspiring and heroic"' - Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)


November 2010, Disney brought the treasured animated comedy 'Tangled' into our lives. A beautifully blonde, ambitious yet naive Rapunzel (voiced by Mandy Moore) embarks on an endangered adventure with Corona's most wanted criminal, Flynn Rider. Do not be fooled by his smoulder.

Disney have succeeded once again by capturing a meaningful story within a mere 100 minutes; including a courageous and sassy chameleon named Pascal and a variety of heart-warming songs!

Rapunzel's dream is to see the 'floating lights' on her 18th birthday. However, Mother Gothel has kept Rapunzel hidden away within a tower all her life. This is to craft her magical, glowing hair as her own. What length will Rapunzel go to to be able to fulfil her only dream and escape her mother's demands? With a little bit of hopeless, hilarious help from a daringly charming Flynn (with a big nose) perhaps she can achieve just about anything.

Being a devoted Disney fan, I am proud to say that the terrific tale 'Tangled' is my #1 Disney film. Possibly the character of Rapunzel being inspired by the underwater princess, Ariel, from the classic 'The Little Mermaid' may have effected this? With or without this inspiration, 'Tangled' is a sensational fairytale with some sinister moments that even the parents appreciate!

This film is no stereotypical 'Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!' story. 'Tangled' consists of grasping scenes of empathy and also a few 'ruffians' along the way. You will fall in love with the positively perfect Rapunzel and her daily life, which is about to change forever.

Earning a massive $591 million in a worldwide box office revenue, Disney have produced a film that has practically changed my life. I do not understand why it has taken me so long to write the words to describe 'Tangled'. On the other hand, no words will ever sum up the magic and laughter that the 2010 wonder has brought to many people's lives.

'Frying pans... who knew, right?'


The author's comments:

I'm a Rapunzel wannabe.