The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

January 12, 2009
By Anonymous

Wow! This is all I could say when I had finished watching The Dark Knight. The first time I watched this movie was about a week after it came out on dvd, and I had heard everyone say that it was amazing and the best movie ever made. I honestly didn't think it could live up to the hype, but it did, and then some.

First let me fill you in on the story. The film takes place 6 months
after the end of Batman Begins (another great movie, not as good as the Dark Knight, but still great), and new Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent is making some progress in putting the mob behind bars. Little does he know that Gotham has bigger problems than the mob, much bigger. Because of Batman damaging the mob's organization, they have hired the Joker, a lunatic clown claiming he can kill Batman. Batman has never come up against a more diabolical criminal mind as the Joker. Can Batman put an end to the Joker's schemes while remaining a hero, or will have to break his own rules.

The movie stars Christian Bale as Batman, who did a good job, but he (and everyone else) was completely overshadowed by Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. It had to be the best acting I have ever seen. Every time the Joker came on the screen, I was completely captivated. I couldn't look away, not that I'd want to, those scenes were the best in the movie.


The movie is quite long, at 152 minutes, but it is all action packed and the time flys by. It is just as good the second time too. In fact, after seeing it for the first time, you will probably have a really strong urge to watch it again. Overall, this is possibly the best movie ever, and it get 5/5 stars from me. If you haven't watched it, do it now, why are you wasting time reading reviews about it?