Director of Gladiator Creates New Movie | Teen Ink

Director of Gladiator Creates New Movie

By Logan11Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Logan11Morrison SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

On Friday December 12th, “Exodus: Gods and Kings” hit theatres in North America. Moviegoers in the Hartland area can see the movie at Hillside theatres in Delafield.

“Exodus: Gods and kings” stars Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton on Ramses. The movie is about the leader Moses rising up against Ramses with 600,000 freed slaves on a journey to escape from Egypt and the deadly plagues.

“Exodus:Gods and Kings” is based of of the Bible, more specifically the Book of Exodus. Exodus tells of how Israelis leave slavery in Egypt to find peace. The Israelis are led by their prophet Moses. 

The Movie is directed by renowned director Ridley Scott, who has also directed “Gladiator”, “Alien”, and “The Blade Runner”. “Exodus: Gods and Kings” had a budget of 140 million dollars. The movie has grossed 100 million worldwide.

The movie was met with mixed reviews including a 6.7/10 on IMDB and a 27% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Lou Lumenick of the New York Post said, “An utterly clueless, relentlessly grim and rambling action epic guaranteed to displease devout Jews, Christians and Muslims alike, amuse atheists - and generally bore everyone.”

Mrs Economou was satisfied, “It was good but long. I like most anything that talks about the Bible unless it’s off base. There were some things that were off-based but I didn’t get the chance to do some research.”

Arrowhead Junior Justin Peret said, “The effects look awesome and it was directed by the same guy that did Gladiator, and I really like that movie.”

The movie was disappointing. It started off slow and was missing a lot of storyline. The acting was phenomenal, but it left me skeptical of a few aspects.