Gone Girl | Teen Ink

Gone Girl

Gone Girl,the movie, came out on October 3rd, 2014.  The movie, based off the bestseller novel Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  

The lead actors in the movie are Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike.  Affleck plays Nick Dunne who is the main character in the movie and the husband of Amy Dunne.  Pike plays Amy Dunne who is the wife of Nick Dunne..
According to www.Imdb.com, Nick reported on his anniversary that his wife has gone missing.  After the media and the publicity, Nick received after the disappearance, he crumbled under the pressure and became a lead suspect for the disappearance of his wife.  Soon the town the thought Nick was responsible for her disappearance until one day his wife mysteriously returns home. 

“The movie was so realistic and that is why it scared me at first, but the plot is so twisted and unexpected.  I normally don’t like these types of movies, but I loved Gone Girl,” says senior Paige. 

According to www.rottentomatoes, Gone Girl is rated number three in the box office, earning $6.2 million dollars and with an 88% approval from critics.   Critics say it is dark, intelligent, and stylish to a fault.  On Rotten Tomatoes, the audience gave the movie a 90% approval rate and viewers rated it a 4.2/5 stars. 

“I heard from many of my friends that the movie is really suspenseful.  I haven’t seen it yet, but I have only heard good things about the movie,” says senior  JJ.