Mocking jay Part 1 | Teen Ink

Mocking jay Part 1

By Brycen Nakata BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Brycen Nakata BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

MJ Book Review Part 1

“If we burn, you burn with us”. Katniss Everdeen was the girl on fire. Until the arena’s. The main summary is about how Katniss is trying to reunite the districts to overcome the Capitol. She finds her way being the Rebels secret weapon. The Mockingjay. She reunites the 13 districts and leads them into battle against the Capitol. Before the Quarter Quell Hunger Game ended the Capitol took Peeta, Joana, and Annie. Katniss knows that the Capitol had been torturing them. Katniss wanted to get them back as soon as they could but they had to prepare. Peeta, Joana, and Annie was rescued but they were all skinny and Peeta was Hijacked. Peeta almost killed Katniss by choking her and that’s about where the movie ended. Honestly I think the movie was way better because I only like the action senes and stuff like that. Yeah he book had more detail but the action scenes in the book was pretty dull. And in the movie it cut out the boring parts. And that’s what I think on which one is better.
Some differences between the book and the movie was that in the movie they cut out the District 2 Mountain explosion scene part. I think that that part would look good in the movie. Another difference is that in the book it didn’t really talk about the bombing in District eight. Another difference is that Cressida was really different. Those are some of the differences between the book and the movie. The directors choices of the characters were totally off from what I was thinking Almost all of the new characters I thought of was different. Like Boggs, I thought he looked like a huge tough white guy but nope. It looked like he was Kobe Bryant. And the Propo Team, and the avox man, I thought they would’ve looked different. The differences were most likely about the look of the character. And now for my thoughts on the ending part. I thought it was a pretty cool because it was switching back and forth between the Rebels announcement/celebration and Peeta struggling from the hijack. But I think it would’ve been better if the movie ended right where Boggs saved Katniss from Peeta. Like right when he hit Peeta with whatever he hit him with it should’ve ended right there.
Overall I think the movie and the book was really good and I think that everybody should watch it before you watch the second one. The first one doesn’t have as much action as I wanted it to but it’s setting up for the next part and it clarifies some stuff. I think you guys should read the book first because without reading the book while watching the movie isn’t gonna make any sense. You either gotta read the book or watch the two movies that already came out. And that is my opinion and review on Mockingjay part 1.