Mockingjay | Teen Ink

Mockingjay

December 7, 2014
By MahinaO BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
MahinaO BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Are you, are you coming to the tree?” Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, decides to be the image of the rebellion against the Capitol after being saved by District 13. After she destroyed the arena at the quarter quell, the Capitol got really upset. That was the move to set off the rebellion. All the people that escaped the bombing of District 12 fled to the underground safety of 13. She faces many challenges including losing Peeta, depressing, and war. I definitely think that reading the book then watching the movie is the best way to go.


The book and movie are similar is storyline put have many little differences between them. For example in the book,  they didn't have tattoos of their schedules on their arms each day, instead they kept track with a schedule book. The director Francis Lawrence did a very good job on incorporating most of the story details but left out some. I also was surprised to hear the Hanging Tree song actually sung because I wasn't expecting it to have that tune. Even though some story details were left out or changed a bit, the movie was still good.


They could have ending the movie in a better scene. That last seen with Peeta in the hospital room really confused me because what will they start the next movie with. They should have ended it in a cliffhanger. For example when they travel to the Capitol and set up their army camp. Making two parts and watching the first, makes me really want to watch the second part, but I would be more anxious if it had a more exciting ending.


Mockingjay was a very enjoyable and entertaining book to read. I recommend first reading the book then watching the movie so you can see all the differences and similarities. If you do read the book first you can think of it as rewarding yourself to see the movie. Also the little details that are added in the book gives you more emotion like if something in the movie is different you get surprised The book does have some details that just help you to imagine the picture better. All in all the book and the movie were both great. I just recommend reading the book then watching the movie.


The author's comments:

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1