The Curious Case of Benjamin Button | Teen Ink

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the tale of what it would be like to age in reverse. Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt) is born old. Abandoned at birth, Benjamin Buttons is taken into a nursing home for the elderly by a kind hearted African American woman Queenie (Taraji P. Henson). As the years go on, Benjamin grows younger, while everyone around him grows older.
Unable to live a normal life, Benjamin constantly has to let go of those close to him, and accept the fact that he will never have a normal life. His childhood friends consist of those nearly 70 years old of him, with the exception of his first love Daisy(who grows up to be Cate Blanchett). Daisy immediately recognizes that Benjamin is not like everyone else, but due to Benjamin’s appearance, their love cannot exist.
This fascinating movie follows Benjamin through all if his life, through love and heartbreak, through triumph and failure, and through death and life. I would give it a 5 out of 5, while critics are giving it a 4 ½. Said to be a possible winner for the best picture oscar, you cannot pass up this movie