Mockingjay Book/Movie Review | Teen Ink

Mockingjay Book/Movie Review

December 5, 2014
By Kolten Kaaihue BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Kolten Kaaihue BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What do you think was better: Mocking Jay the movie or the book?

The book and movie is about the same thing.  Basically Katniss becomes the Mockingjay the face of the rebellion.  But doing this becomes a lot harder because the capitol uses Peeta against her.  In the book and movie Katniss’s main goal is to kill President Snow and save Peeta.  She thinks bad things will happen to Peeta and she has nightmares that drive her crazy while she is changing into the Mockingjay.

I think the movie was better because I understood it more.  Also there was more action than the book.  I thought the movie was really good because it showed everything that happened in the book.  It was better because instead of reading what happened you could actually see it happening. 

In the book I could picture everything happening as I read.  The movie was different because you could actually see what happened at certain parts of the movie.  Also knowing all the information that happened was even better because I knew what was going on and I wasn’t confused or lost.  I thought the director did a good job choosing people for certain characters because everyone in the movie did a great job playing their part.  I thought Jennifer Lawrence did a great job as Katniss.  She had the best character not only because she was one of the main characters but because she just did great as her character.  Also I thought Josh Hutcherson did a awesome job as Peeta too because he had a action character.  I thought Peeta and Katniss were the characters that had the best parts because they were the two main characters with the best parts. 

My opinion is that the movie was better because there was more details and action.  Also I liked watching them attack the capitol.  Also I enjoyed watching them try to save Peeta from anything bad happening to him.  I am going to be honest I am not a fan of Hunger Games but I enjoyed watching this movie.  I thought the author or director should have made the whole thing into one movie instead of two parts.  I thought they should have just took out some parts that wasn’t needed in the movie and played it.  But it is still a good action movie.  I think everyone I know my friends, family, etc. should watch this movie.  I think it is a great movie, and everyone reading this should watch the movie.  Especially those who like action  movies you guys should watch this movie.  But if you are going to watch the movie I suggest you read the book then watch the movie so you don’t be lost or confused.  If you don’t read the book you might be lost in the movie like me at some parts I didn’t read and I didn’t know what was going on.  I think everyone should watch this cause it is a great movie and just cause I say the book is better you should still read the book so you know what’s going on.