Dumb and Dumber To | Teen Ink

Dumb and Dumber To

By PhishyWater BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
PhishyWater BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

Life's too short to be driving Honda Civics.

“Oh, Christmas like the holiday?” “No, like the tree.” That’s the reply Lloyd Christmas answers to a question given to him about his name. Dumb and Dumber To provides some hilarious jokes, but there were a few things that needed some work.

The movie starts out when Lloyd tricks Harry into giving him care for 20 years, just to pull a prank. The plot of the movie is that there was a big scenario, which somehow lead this girl, Penny to be the daughter of Harry, whom he’d never heard about until recently. Harry is having a kidney problem, and they need matching kidneys, only from an ancestor. When Lloyd sees a picture of Penny, he is instantly smitten. When Lloyd and Harry go to find Penny for their different reasons, there are a bunch of hilarious mishaps that the two friends run into.

One of my only only complaints about Dumb and Dumber To, were that there were many jokes in the new movie that they used in the original 1994 blockbuster Dumb and Dumber. Honestly, I loved the first movie, and I thought it was the funniest thing I’d ever seen, but the repeat jokes just weren’t as good.

As for the new jokes, they were very gross, but hilarious at the same time. There was a classic Jim Carrey flashback, like the ones that Lloyd had during Dumb and Dumber. I was super excited when I saw the return of the dog car, and that was one of my favorite parts of the movie.

Overall, I think Dumb and Dumber To is definitely worth seeing. Not as many laughs as the last movie, but still a really great movie. I’d give Dumb and Dumber To 3 out of 5 stars, compared to the 5 out of 5 I gave Dumb and Dumber. Anyone who was a fan of the last flick, will definitely love this ultra-dumb one.

Overall, Dumb and Dumber was pretty good.