Ouija | Teen Ink

Ouija MAG

By jenna lennop BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
jenna lennop BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

“Ouija” will have you on the edge of your seat from the opening credits to the closing music. It takes the Ouija board’s spooky factor to a whole new level.

Directed by Stiles White, the talented director of “The Sixth Sense” and “Knowing,” this movie is about a girl named Debbie (Shelley Hennig) who dies for mysterious reasons. When her friends discover a Ouija board in Debbie’s bedroom, Laine (Olivia Cooke) is eager to try to contact Debbie and find out the reason she passed away. The board answers Laine and her friends, who turn out not to be contacting Debbie, but someone else entirely.

This movie is one of my favorites. It kept me from going to the bathroom by myself, and I had to hold a friend’s hand the whole time. When Laine and her friends make contact with a presence from beyond the grave, they have to save their own lives and figure out who they are really speaking to.

The music in this film really paints the whole picture. Composer Anton Sanko makes the audience feel multiple emotions. The actors also did some phenomenal work. I felt as if I was right next to them. When they were scared, I was too.

This Halloween, if you want to experience some incredible acting along with a perfectly executed story, I recommend watching “Ouija.” Just make sure you’re not alone.