The Hunger Games: Catching Fire | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

November 6, 2014
By Johanna C BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Johanna C BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Even though you could watch any movie in the world, you should watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, directed by Francis Lawrence produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has many interesting characters, different settings, an interesting plot, and an exciting conclusion.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire has many interesting characters like Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Katniss Everdeen has knowledge of hunting, archery, and mind tricks. When she uses her knowledge of hunting and archery, she actually kills some of the enemies. But when she uses her knowledge of survival, she always stays alive. She is the only player that everyone wants to be ally with because of her archery skills. Peeta Mellark is a baker, artist, and has the knowledge of friendship. He knows how to bake and he’s an artist. At the beginning of the movie Peeta made bread for Katniss and Haymitch Abernathy. In the training center Peeta paint a picture of Rue, that made Katniss cry.  The person that has the knowledge of friendship is Peeta. Katniss doesn’t have the knowledge of friendship at all, Peeta tries to be a really good friends with Katniss and tries to teach her at the same time. Two of the love birds: Peeta and Katniss, cares about Katniss so much that everyone at the capitol wants them to be together forever.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has many different settings like the districts, the train, President Snow’s Mansion, and the Arena. In the districts Katniss family and friends are  trapped they can’t go anywhere. Everyone in the districts can’t do anything, there’s less space for people to live in the districts. Some people are so poor, so they had to live on the street or somewhere to hide away from President Snow, so Snow Doesn’t find or hurt them. Katniss and Peeta had to go on a train to go on the other districts. The ride was a really short ride because the train travels really fast. At President Snow’s mansion, there was a celebration for Katniss and Peeta’s  fake engagement and lots of people attended. After the celebration  Katniss and Peeta had to go to the arena for the second time. This time there were even more challenges in the arena than before.

 


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has an interesting plot like the love triangle and the return to the Hunger Games. This love triangle was about Katniss, Gale, and Peeta. Katniss and Gale grow up together, and have slowly grow to love each other.  In the first game Katniss and Peeta met. Peeta knew and loved Katniss from the first time Peeta laid eyes on her. Someone who care about Peeta was Katniss. Later in the first game Katniss ended up loving Peeta. Since she cared about two people Katniss, couldn’t Decide who to choose was Katniss, she never made up her mind. Katniss and Peeta return to the game. In the game all of the tributes were from previous winners. They were 24 or more tributes. Snow was the reason why there was a new game because he wanted to get rid of Katniss. To make more challenges was to scare Katniss or to get rid of her then the first game.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has an exciting conclusion. Which takes place in the dome and district 13. The dome was a force field for President Snow’s protection. The Game Maker (Plutarch Heavensbee) controls all the challenges. Some of the challenges were the poisonous fog, the killer baboons, the blood bath, and “the clock” changing. At the end of the movie, Katniss destroys the dome by launching a spear wrapped with wires, using her bow. Katniss awakens in an aircraft to find Haymitch, Beetee, Finnick, and Plutarch Heavensbee. Heavensbee is the head Gamemaker, who is revealed to be a rebel against Snow. He tells her the aircraft are bound for District 13, headquarters of the new rebellion, and that half the tributes were aware of the plan to escape with Katniss, as a symbol for the growing rebellion. At the news to being betrayed, and leaving Peeta behind, a distraught Katniss is sedated after attacking Haymitch. She later awakens to find Gale by her side, who reassures that her family is safe but also tells her that District 12 no longer exists.

In conclusion, everyone needs to watch the exciting adventure The  Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It so great because of the interesting characters, the different settings, the interesting plot, and the exciting conclusion. If you have Netflix you can watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire right now or watch it anytime you want.