Valkyrie

The movie Valkyrie starring Tom Cruise was; in my opinion, just like the films attempt at Adolf Hitlers assassination, a failure. This films trailers and advertisements portrayed it to be one of the more action packed films of the year, when in reality it was the complete opposite. The only scene containing action or enough suspense to keep you interested is the opening title scene.

If a movie does not contain any true action, comedy, or horror it must contain good acting and direction in order to keep the audiences attention. Valkyrie lacked greatly in each of these departments. For instance, how could a movie about German Officers and Nazis, contain men speaking english; in perfect american and even british accents? This evident and easily avoidable problem was one that caused the movie to lose any sense of realism that it had. Atop the Tom Cruise led nosedive into mediocrity, the director, Bryan Singer should have explained more. There are many times in the movie; when a British sounding "Nazi" says one thing and then is contradicted within seconds.

The only thing this film has going for it is a suspenseful soundtrack that can add to the mood of would be suspense. This movie is recommended to be avoided unless a true History or Tom Cruise fan.

Elisabawth said...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 8:02 pm:
This movie did not keep my attention. After watching for about 20 minutes my little kid attention span had once again wandered somewhere else. I'm glad to hear that its wasn't that great anyway.

Abdullah H. said...
I disagree this movie was a very goo one you should watch it again i give it five stars

DH said...
Great review!! Really helped me decide NOT to waste my money on it. Well thought out! THanks! Keep reviewing!! You are very good at it!

only14u said...
OMG this is amazing, i like totally felt the ssame way. we are so on the same page, wHAT YOUR SCREEN NAME?