Monsters, Inc. | Teen Ink

Monsters, Inc.

October 30, 2014
By soccergirl75 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
soccergirl75 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end


Pete Docter, Lee Unkrich, and David Silverman combined forces to produce an amazing movie, almost perfect in the critic’s ratings. Created by Disney’s Pixar presentations released in 2001, Monsters, Inc. is a G rated movie, so it's good for everyone! This movie is an hour and a half of valuable lessons as well as love and comedy. The genres are animation, kids &family, science fiction & fantasy, and comedy.


Mike Wazowski, a small one eyed green monster and James P. Sullivan, the giant blue fury monster with purple dots, also known as Sully are the top scarer team at Monsters, Inc. Scaring kids is their job; the screams power the whole town. When and unknown door shows up on the floor a child, named Boo escapes and causes chaos through the whole town. It is up to Mike and Sully to find the child and return her to her door before any real damage is done. Despite the opposing forces of Randal, the skin changing bad monster, they get through all of their obstacles and find people who they thought were good and people who they thought were bad to be good.


Personally I thought the movie was great. It contained lots of laughs, and a friendship between the two monsters and the child. Having the child get out changed the whole factory for the better. The bad guys get caught and the good guys win like always. Boo is a brave child who is not afraid of the monsters like al the other kids.


No one can find anything really bad about Monsters, Inc. Over all it was a good movie. It had a good plot and storyline, a good outcome. The only “bad” thing could be that it is a typical Disney movie so it ends the same way every time. The critics gave it a 96% positive critic.


All in all, I thought Monsters, Inc. was a great movie. It is one of my favorites. I recommend it to everyone and I hope they like it as well.