How To Train Your Dragon 2 | Teen Ink

How To Train Your Dragon 2

October 30, 2014
By TKirk SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
TKirk SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Would you chose to ride or slay a dragon. To possibly get eaten, thrown off, or burned from the fire of a dragon by attempting to ride one. As a Viking your only mission is to slay a dragon, and become very big, sturdy, and strong. Anything from that is known as being misguided, straying off, and/or ill-conceived. Although one went through every odd and did every thing against the Viking handbook. He trained, rode, and became a dragon himself in the heart. It took 5 years from How To Train Your Dragon, and the second one to be made. His name is Hiccup and with Toothless by his side he soars the skies, exploring new and vast islands away from Berk (His home island).

As Hiccup & Toothless discover a new island called Itchy Armpit, they uncovered strange things. Burned forests and spiked glaciers used to take out hunting ships. They were confused and in awe by the power it would take to cause either one those. Things they have never seen before and could not imagine happening. As discovering the spiky glacier, they come across a ship full of dragon hunters. They snagged Astrid’s Nadder named Stormfly, but soon after that Hiccup fights them all of and gets away from these notorious dragon hunters.

After the fight with the dragon hunters, Hiccup talks to Stoick his dad about a name that came up through out the fight. Stoick once saw this man. He came in during a town meeting, and talked of controlling dragons and ruling all of the islands, as long as they claimed him as their Dragon God. The Vikings laughed at him. He left in anger and soon after the roof caves in on fire, burning the whole building down. Leaving Stoick the only surviver. That night his wife and Hiccups mother Valka was supposedly killed by a dragon.

Later in the movie Hiccup, Stoick, Gobber, and Toothless are brought to this ice cave, where they meet hundreds of new dragons and a mysterious dragon rider. As she takes off her mask, Hiccup is in shock not knowing what could lie underneath that horrific mask. She says a few words, that makes Hiccup in astonishment and confusion. She says “But a mother never forgets.” This meant the mysterious dragon rider is his mother. They meet an Alpha class dragon called the Bewilderbeast. Although their reunion is cut short. Drago and his army attack the ice fortress. Awakening the Alpha, it breaks through the ice and is approached by Drago’s Bewilderbeast as well. They battle it out, although Valka loses when her Bewilderbeast was killed by the other. Drago then focused his attention on Berk and set out to destroy it.

Drago, his Alpha, and their army arrive to the island of Berk. After Toothless is brought out of the trance, him and Hiccup try and fight off Drago and the Alpha. They circle the Alpha and Drago, trying to split them apart. Toothless fires at the head of the Alpha, allowing Drago to fall off and separating them. When Hiccup and Toothless go to confront Drago, the Alpha strikes at Hiccup with his icy breathe. With no hesitation Toothless jumps out and pushed Hiccup out of the range of the strike. Toothless is then covered in ice. Everyone sits there in despair and Drago with a smirk and a feeling of accomplishment appears on him. When everyone seems to lose hope i strange blue glow appears from the ice. It shatters in all directions with Toothless growling at the Alpha as he is glowing blue all around. Toothless in frustration and having nothing but himself to protect everyone of Berk he leaps on to a spike from the ice. He lets out a vicious roar from within. He is challenging the Alpha for true rank. Toothless then blasts everything he has multiple times and dodging everything the Alpha does. All the rest of the dragons help take down this ferocious beast. They all let out blast, and Toothless lets out on big one, making a tusk fall off the Alpha. This really weakened it. The Alpha then bowed showing Toothless he was above them. It leaves off with Drago frustrated and revengeful. Everyone greets Toothless and the rest of the dragons, feeling happy, accomplished, and undoubted for winning this war. 


The author's comments:

I was always into How To Train Your Dragon. I just was thrilled by the animation and effects from the dragons and all the people.