Rush Hour 3 | Teen Ink

Rush Hour 3

By YouMeanLikeThis SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
YouMeanLikeThis SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Rush Hour 3, the third and final chapter in the Rush Hour series. Starring Jackie Chan as Inspector Lee and Chris Tucker as Detective James Carter. Jackie Chan, one of the world’s well known martial artist, actor, director, producer, stunt director, stunt performer, and even singer stars in Rush Hour 3. Both multiple awards winners for their great acting in many movies but none more noticeable and more liked than their performance in the Rush Hours series. 

In the movie Rush Hour 3, Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) and his partner Detective James Carter (Chris Tucker) have to find the whereabouts of Shy Shen, and the assassin who shot Ambassador Han when he was addressing the World Criminal Court about the Triads. Both making a promise to Soo-Yung, Han's daughter, they start to find clues and pieces that eventually lead them to Paris. In Paris, Inspector Lee and Detective James finds the shooter who turns out to be Lee's brother Kenji. Kenji offers Inspector Lee and Detective Carter a chance of returning to America and forgetting the whole thing, but of course they refuse and are put in a situation where they have to find the whereabouts of Shy Shen and fight Kenji, one of the Triads leaders, who is also looking for Shy Shen, too.

This action pack movie gives the viewer a rush and also gives them a big smile on their faces due to all the funny jokes. “Lee, I'm alive. My whole life flashed in front of me. In three years I'll be married to a Chinese woman. We had three kids, look just like you, only a little darker.” Detective James Carter provides the humor while Inspector Lee provides most of the action. With both of these characters and their views on some of the situations their are facing makes the movie very entertaining to say the least.

The movie provides lots of humor and actions but seem to be rushed. Within 20 minutes into the movie, Inspector Lee and Detective Carter already have major clues about main problems in the movie but just need to find the people their looking for. Most of the surprise is gone at the very begin of the movie, but they do save two big surprises near the end of the movie. Most of the movie is rushed but sure give lots of entertainment. Even if you haven't seen the last two movies you can probably watch this one and not feel lost.

I enjoyed the movie's humor, and all the action that it gives. I also really like the fact that they have comedy or action, and sometimes even both things in every scene. The fact that the movie is only 91 minutes long is kind of a bummer, but it's still worth the money to buy this classic of a movie. I strongly believe that Rush Hour 3 is the best movie in the Rush Hour series!