Fury. | Teen Ink

Fury.

October 28, 2014
By MoparMan SILVER, Hockessin, Delaware
MoparMan SILVER, Hockessin, Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

“BANG! BOOM!” Cannons are being shot, grenades are exploding, machine guns are firing away, and fallen comrades are crying out in pain. There is only one event this could possibly be, World War II. Director David Ayer has done a superb job at creating the reality of these horrors in the movie Fury. This movie was action-packed and stuffed with heart-breaking moments that keep the viewer hooked right from the start.


Fury takes place in the heart of World War II, Nazi Germany. This movie follows the Allies as they lead an attack on Nazi forces behind enemy lines. The primary focus of Fury is on a crew of five soldiers that man the tank named Fury. These men have become family and Fury is their home. The hardships faced by these men are explicitly depicted and lead up to a fight for their lives in the climax of the movie.


Fury was well thought out and definitely did not cut any corners. The acting is top notch, and it shows. Ayer did a magnificent job at showing the change in the characters as the movie continued. The viewer can watch as a rookie soldier becomes a hardened machine of war. Not only was the acting on-point, but so were the effects. Nothing felt fake, from the explosions down to the gore. Fury was so well put together that you truly felt like you were there witnessing everything unfold right before your eyes.


Because the movie is so realistic and well put together, it appealed to me. Fury is one of those movies that are better than the trailer. Those movies are hard to come by these days as producers want to rush through everything and get the next movie out making money. Fury was a genuine movie that speaks to everyone. It’s just one of those movies that you could watch over and over and not be bored of it.


This movie can appeal to anyone, especially those who love World War II. Even if World War II isn’t quite your subject, I still recommend Fury to everyone. It is well worth the cost of a movie ticket.