Repo! The Genetic Opera | Teen Ink

Repo! The Genetic Opera MAG

By Jayson Barrand BRONZE, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Jayson Barrand BRONZE, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Welcome to the year 2057. All around the world, people are dropping dead from organ failure. GeneCo, a bio-technology company headed by Rotti Largo (Paul Sorvino), specializes in organ replacement and even offers a payment plan similar to a car loan. However, if you fail to make even one payment, the repo man will repossess the organ.

This horror rock-opera revolves around three stories. Nathan Wallace (Anthony Stewart Head) is the widowed father of 17-year-old Shiloh (Alexa Vega) by day and a “legal assassin” by night. Shiloh has a rare blood disease and a spirit to experience the real world that her father won't allow her to be part of.

Then there's the Largo family. Papa Rotti is dying and has to leave GeneCo to one of his children: murderous Luigi (Bill Moseley), drug addict Amber Sweet (Paris Hilton), and deranged narcissist Pavi (Nivek Ogre). However, it seems Rotti has a special eye for young Shiloh.

The third story involves Blind Mag (Sarah Brightman), the star of GeneCo's annual Genetic Opera, Shiloh's godmother, and Nathan's next target for repossession.

Narrated by the Grave Robber (Terrance Zdunich), “Repo! The Genetic Opera” is destined to be this generation's “Rocky Horror Picture Show.” The many styles of songs, tastefully brought to life by the talented cast, will keep your attention. The scenery and clothing reflect the cyber-metal theme. However, when it comes to gore, this film makes “Sweeney Todd” look like “My Fair Lady.”

on Oct. 28 2011 at 10:49 am
BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD WATCH IT EVERY WEEKEND/

LovingMyth SILVER, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Going to school was like being force-fed molasses; it made
me want to throw up, but I kept taking it 'for my own good.'
It was perhaps the most monotonus, boring waste of my time
imaginable.

God yes! I absolutely love this movie! Good job decribing the epicness!

SkipG BRONZE said...
SkipG BRONZE, Yorktown, Virginia
glad to see another fan of this movie! great review