Annabelle | Teen Ink

Annabelle

October 14, 2014
By katmedders22 BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois
katmedders22 BRONZE, Cicero, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Annabelle is the spin-off of the movie “The Conjuring”.  Based on true events of a doll being possessed by a demon, Annabelle is a must-see movie this fall season. 


Annabelle, directed by John R. Leonetti, contains thrilling events.  This movie is set in the 70’s in California. 
A woman named Mia (Annabelle Wallis) receives the doll from her husband, John (Ward Horton), as the last doll of a collection.  When a cultist couple breaks into her home after killing the neighbors, they are killed by police officers.  However, they leave behind their satanic souls, attached to the doll that now becomes Annabelle.
Remember to play close attention to detail that will remind you of what happened in The Conjuring, As Annabelle starts off with a scene that was featured in the Conjuring.  Ed and Lorraine Warren, demonologists first introduced in the Conjuring , do not make an appearance in the movie that makes the audience wonder.  It felt as if something was missing from the movie since they were not apart of Annabelle.


The thrilling aspects make the audience jump and scream every so-often.  This horror movie will make audiences anxious to see what happens throughout the entire movie.  A must see for thrill-seekers and horror movie lovers.  This movie had me at the edge of my seat the entire time and kept me on my toes.