Spirited Away | Teen Ink

Spirited Away

December 22, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Move Review: “Spirited Away”

A 124-minute movie called Spirited Away by the director, Hayao Miyazaki, represents a beautiful animation movie.

The film begins with a ten-year old girl, Chihiro, and her parents moving into a new town. However, her dad turned down the incorrect street and decided to see what the other side looks like. But, Chihiro persuades her parents to go back. At the dead-end, a building like an old theme park stood. Chihiro and her parents start walking and notice, there are stores with delicious food. Without any employees, Chihiro's parents begin to swallow the food and tell Chihiro that they will pay later, and that she doesn't have to be anxious. Chihiro however refuses to eat and runs away from her parents.

Chihiro wanders around and all of the sudden a boy warns her to leave the area before nightfall. Chihiro returns to her parents, and notices strange creatures as she is passing through. When she arrives at the store, her parents have turned into pigs. Chihiro flees. The sunset had fallen, and the area is shifting to a mysterious world.

I recommend this film to children ages 9 and up. It shows emotions of Chihiro's feelings that she wants to rescue her parents. In addition, it shows how Chihiro is a hard-worker, cares for others, and is responsible. The film, Spirited Away has won Oscar for Best Animated Feature, 35 awards, and 19 nominations. Do not miss watching it!

Rating:

(4 ½ out of 5 pigs)