Shawshank Redemption | Teen Ink

Shawshank Redemption

By antwone15 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
antwone15 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

It is a movie that you can never get tired of watching. A movie that has you hooked from the beginning. Stephens King, “Shawshank Redemption” is beyond great. The actors made it so believable; it felt like I was standing there. If you want to see a movie that leaves you on the edge of your seat, Shawshank Redemption is the movie to watch.

Andy Dufresne who is played by Tim Robbins has acknowledgement that his wife is cheating on him. He goes over to her lover’s house where he has the intention to shoot them, but he decides not to go through with it. Andy’s wife and her affair were later on shot and Andy is framed. Andy’s punishment was life in prison. When he arrived to Shawshank prison, he stays to himself at first but befriends Ellis Redding, better known as Red who is played by Morgan Freeman. The first thing Andy ask Red is if he can get him a rock hammer and Red gets it for him. Andy is later approached by a group of men that repeatedly raped him. Since Andy was a former accountant that made him useful, and he became the warden and the guards’ accountant. After spending over 19 years in prison, Andy gets proof that he is innocent and the warden take that proof away from him. Andy feels he can stay in prison no longer and he decides to make a decision that will change his life forever.

This movie is based off of redemption. A man spends an extended amount of time in prison for his wrong doings in life. In the end he cleansed himself spiritually. He no longer has a weight on his shoulder. In his mind he feels society forgave him.

Shawshank Redemption won best picture award and was nominated for 7 academy awards. This movie is one of the greatest, but don’t let me or anyone else attempt to persuade you because the words we speak doesn’t even begin to explain how amazing this movie is, let the movie speak for itself. You will not regret watching this movie.

This movie was wrote by Stephen King and I thought it was simply amazing