The Notebook | Teen Ink

The Notebook

December 11, 2008
By Anonymous

Directed by: Nick Cassavetes

This movie is a romantic/dramatic movie about two teenagers, Allie Hamilton (Rachel McAdams) and Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling), who fall in love with each other. Allie is an extremely organized and self-structured person and she knows what she wants in life. Noah, on the other hand, is terribly un-organized, but he can be the sweetest person you will ever meet. It takes place in a small town in the year of 1945 when Noah and Allie are just 17 years old. They meet at the county fair and right from the get-go, Noah is in love. He wants a date with Allie so he does whatever he must do to get that date with her. She finally cracks and says yes to a date with him. After a while they are inseparable and in love with each other.

Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams portrayed these characters to the best of their abilities. Ryan built a table in preparation of his role of “Noah,” and grew out his beard for a more rugged look. Rachel dyed her hair a different color, and tried out a new accent for her role as “Allie”.

This movie has a major theme: To love is to care about one another. I think this because Allie and Noah love each other, but somehow Allie does not think she does. You can learn a great deal of lessons from this movie just by watching how Allie and Noah act around each other. They are calm on the outside, but on the inside, they have butterflies in their stomachs and are trying to catch their breaths.

I think that a person of any age will enjoy this movie because there is something that everyone can relate to and everyone can feel like they have been there and done that. It really doesn’t matter how old you are, you can still be in love. Anyone who feels like they have or are in love will enjoy this movie. If you like romantic/dramatic movies, then you will fall in love with The Notebook.