Finding Nemo | Teen Ink

Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo is an animated comedy/adventure rated G. This film is directed by Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich and was released in May of 2003. Marlin (Albert Books) is a clown fish and a single father. Because of Nemo's mother's death, Marlin is very protective of his son, Nemo (Alexander Gould), from the dangers of the sea. Nemo was the only surviving baby and was born with one normal fin and one tiny one. When it is time for Nemo to start school, he disobeys his father and ends up taking a long ride to a Dentist office in Australia where he will meet many friends who will try to help him. Marlin begins to follow him and meets a friend, Dory (Ellan DeGeneres), a blue tang fish with short-term memory loss. Together, Marlin and Dory go on many adventures through-out the sea, searching for Nemo.

Finding Nemo is about never giving up in what you really want to do. Marlin goes from, what seems like, one end of the sea to the other searching for his son. In this film true friends are really made. It helps you realize that you should keep your friends close and that its ok to have someone help you when you are in need. Finding Nemo also emphasizes that parents should let their children grow up and discover the world.

Finding Nemo is a great movie for all ages. The kids can identify with Nemo, and adults can identify with Marlin, the devoted dad. The movie did a great job with the features of the ocean. The colors of the starfish, the coral reefs and the blue plant-life will mesmerize you. Humor was a huge factor in this movie. When Marlin meets Dory everything takes off and their adventures and meeting different sea-life becomes endless. The fact that Dory and Marlin become such good friends by the end of the movie really sends out a message about real friends. Nemo meets real friends himself who put their own lives on the line to help his. Finding Nemo lets parents know they should let their children explore, but also lets children know that there is a limit. The lesson that both Marlin and Nemo learn is precious.

I recommend this movie to everyone. It sends out the right message to everyone, not only parents. The humor and puns involved will keep you laughing the whole time. This is a great film to watch over and over without getting bored. So with that said, enjoy the movie!

on Oct. 10 2011 at 10:48 am
I found that this reveiw of the movie Finding Nemo was very helpful. It pointed out of the lessons taught throughout the movie. I woud have to agree that it is for all ages. It happens to be my all time favorite movie.