Four Christmases | Teen Ink

Four Christmases

In Four Christmases, Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn play a very happy unmarried couple. It's Christmas time in the city, time for these two love-birds to go to Fiji like they have for the past three years. The couple usually lies to their parents about doing charity work in far off countries during the holidays, but when their flight gets cancelled on Christmas day, they are forced to spend the holidays with their families. GASP!

The couple has been together for three years and couldn't get any happier, until they realize they don't know much about each other. They were both happily afraid of being totally committed. All it takes is a little brother-on-brother fighting, a sleezy sister, a sex-hungry mom and another mom who's in love with Vince's character's best friend to make them realize how unsatisfied they are with their life together. Not so bad, right? Words can't describe how crazy these two's families are.

So what is the story actually about? Let me know when you find out. Did I learn a lesson? Don't go to your boyfriend's Christmas because his family is as crazy as mine? Not sure, but at least my family is not as crazy as these families are.

They are crazy but not all together hilarious. Reese Witherspoon has never had to play a character like this. In her hit movie Sweet Home Alabama, she was a sassy top of the line southern belle. In this movie, her role doesn't suit her. Vince Vaughn plays his usual character, making cocky remarks the whole time the audience is dying to get their money back. Maybe the audience will laugh when two babies projectile vomit, probably not though.

My advice; save $7.50 and rent it when it comes out on DVD. I'm sure you'll have no problem waiting to see this movie. Trust me, you have already seen this movie if you have seen Christmas with the Kranks or Deck the Halls. Nothing original here.