Dukes of Hazzard | Teen Ink

Dukes of Hazzard

May 7, 2014
By Austinmendez BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Austinmendez BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

While growing up, one of my favorite movies was Dukes of Hazzard with Johnny Knoxville, Sean William Scott, and Jessica Simpson. This movie intrigued me by the risk and the danger that took place while the brothers performed their stunts in the cars. When I was younger and even now, I was obsessed with cars and everything in them. That was one of the main reasons as to why this is one of my favorite movies. This movie was thrilling, as well as hilarious all throughout the movie. Bo and Luke Duke were brothers who were in the moonshining business. They had constant run-ins with the law, whether it was when Bo is in a wild car chase, or they were starting some brawl at a random bar for no specific reason. The setting really fit into the movie; it was set up in the country, and that just added a little extra to the movie.

The special effects and the creative ideas that came into making this movie were spectacular. When Bo was running away from the police, which was half the movie, you never knew what wild trick he had up his sleeve to get away with it. Whether it was driving through a ton of innocent people, or driving on a college campus evading the police, he made his brave getaway. There were many explosions, car chases, crashes, and fights that really displayed the creativity of those who created this movie. The director did an excellent job in making the special effects come alive and make it seem like your there in the action scene.

The movie was not very realistic to say the least. It was not something that would happen in real life for several different reasons. It was made to be funny, to entertain and to get the viewer’s mind off of anything. This movie appeals to a lot of different audiences. Although, it was more for teenagers and young adults. I would not say it is for kids because there was some language in the movie that was inappropriate. Any teen or adult would love this movie. Anyone who is looking for a good comedy and a good laugh would enjoy this movie.

The movie had a high clarity rating. It was very easy to understand and to follow along the whole time. The plot simplicity added as to why it was easy to understand. The plot was not puzzling or twisted in any way. Bo and Luke Duke were a couple of rowdy boys who go through a lot of obstacles throughout the film. The actors did a great job on the set together and seemed to really enjoy each other’s company. Both actors were hilarious and had so many funny scenes. They all seemed to really get along and performed very well as a team, almost as if they had already done it before. They made the movie seem genuine and not like they were faking it.

Overall, the movie left me in a terrific mood. I left the theater laughing and I could not wait to tell everyone about this hilarious film. This movie resembled a good escape from reality. IT resembled this because it was a movie to see to get away and forgot anything on your mind. It had a happy, and hysterical, ending. As I watched it, I slowly forgot my circumstance and felt as if I was actually a part of this movie. I was laughing the entire time and really enjoyed my experience. When it came out on DVD, I bought it right away and could not wait to watch this movie at home. I would greatly recommend this movie to everyone, people of all ages, boys and girls. It is full of laughs, and will keep you on your toes and hooked throughout the story line.