Hunger Games | Teen Ink

Hunger Games

By Leaser BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Leaser BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, was an extraordinarily popular book, as well as a movie. The reason the movie, in my opinion, was so popular is because of three reasons. The casting crew did an exceptional job in choosing the perfect actors to play each role. The writer did a great job in combining the right amount of action with growing attachment to characters to keep you interested the whole way through. The director did an outstanding job in following the book and staying as close to the details of the book as possible. All of these criteria made the movie a memorable one that I will always enjoy watching.

When casting actors for this movie, it was important to pick the right people for each role. The crew chose strong intimidating males, and beautiful athletic females for tributes. This made me more scared for Katniss when she had to go up against these tributes and fight them because they were imposing people who looked like a threat. Had the crew chosen weaker and more out of shape actors then that effect would have been lost for me.

The writer does a superb job in making me fall in love with characters as well as keep the sotry action packed and interesting. I found myself wishing there could be multiply winners so that people such as Rue could live along with Katniss and Peta. The story combined romance with thrilling action packed scenes that left you wondering who the next victim would be and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

One thing I hate in movies is when the director does not follow the original sotry and makes too many changes to the plot. I found that the director of this movie did not do that. I found the movie to be much more enjoyable since it seemed to follow the book and how it was written. A couple scenes here and there were not in the movie that were in the book but I feel like it did not detract from the overall plot. I loved this movie and everything about it so I highly recommend seeing it