Divergent | Teen Ink

Divergent

I saw the new movie Divergent last weekend and I really liked it. It is a popular movie so I would recommend getting to the theater fairly early because I had to sit in the first row. I knew what the story line was before seeing the movie but it was pretty easy to follow. The movie is about two and a half hours long so it is definitely a long movie. It did not seem like it was dragging on or too long to sit through. I was engaged during the entire movie. I thought that the actors did an amazing job portraying the characters from the book, in the movie especially the main character, Shailen Woodley. I really enjoyed her performance in the movie. The plot of the movie was intense and creative. I thought it was different but really entertaining. It is an action filled movie but nothing is too violent or gory. I thought the director did a great job incorporating action, suspense, humor and romance into the film. I think you can tell if a movie is worth watching if you cannot take your eyes off the screen and it has you fully engaged the entire time. Another important part of seeing a movie is the theater you go to. I went to Harkins 101 and the film festival was going on so there was hardly any parking. We had to park far away and it made us even later for the movie. In our actual theater, no one was talking loudly or texting so the environment was perfect. I had no complaints about seeing the movie Divergent. I highly recommend everyone to see the movie.