About Last Night | Teen Ink

About Last Night

By evnathomas BRONZE, Paradise Valley, Arizona
evnathomas BRONZE, Paradise Valley, Arizona

Kevin Hart is my favorite comedian. That being said this review may be a little bit biased since nearly everything he says is comedic gold to me. This is not your typical Rom-Com. About Last Night is a chick-flick for guys.It has the love and drama that is similar to that of a soap opera, but also has the dirty humor that Kevin Hart is known for. The plot is fairly complex as it involves many hookups, breakups, and relationships. Bernie, played by Kevin Hart, hooked up with a girl that he may in fact like. He and his friend Danny are at a club and the girl, Joan, shows up with her friend. Danny and Joan’s friend Debbie, end up in a relationship soon after. Bernie and Joan end up in a relationship when Joan guilt’s Bernie into it after months of hooking up. Their relationship soon crumbles while Debbie’s and Danny’s relationship thrives. Later they get back together right as Danny’s and Debbie’s falls apart, but they get back together soon after. Confused? Me too, you need to see the movie to get an accurate understanding. Romantic movies generally have plots that are confusing to a reader who has not seen the film. This is the overlying plot throughout the movie and while it might not seem too interesting, the drama and humor are what causes this movie to be outstanding. Each couple’s arguments are hilarious and make up most of the movie. A good sixty percent of the movie is them arguing over different things. This keeps viewers engaged; the problems in the relationships are all normal ones that just about everyone go through. What makes it funny is the characters exaggerate the situations and the solutions are completely ridicules. The solutions work in the movie so it leaves one to wonder if they can try that out in the real world instead of taking life so seriously. It is constant relationship drama that attracts female viewers, as well as the raunchy, dirty humor that guys love; the perfect romantic comedy. Kevin Hart has been putting out gold lately. His several standup shows and his other movie; Ride Along, are all doing extremely well and are all hilarious. If you have a Netflix account I would recommend watching his standup shows, they are all on there and I am consistently brought to tears when I watch them with a group of friends. He has a big future and hopefully this is just the beginning of his career. My advice: see the movie; it is well worth the two dollars it costs to rent at Redbox. It is filled with laughs more appropriate for young adults so I would not recommend watching it with kids.

It's a movie