300: Rise of an Empire | Teen Ink

300: Rise of an Empire

By Connor Flaten BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Connor Flaten BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

300: Rise of an Empire
“This is Sparta!” The famous quote that gives everyone chills when heard. 300: Rise of an Empire is a continuation of the first 300 that is exciting, thrilling, and suspenseful. The three main topics that stood out to me while watching this movie are how good the storyline is, how gory it is, and the intensity.
I haven’t seen the first 300 yet, but I had no problem catching up. The movie makes it seem like I’ve seen the first one before because it sums it all up at the beginning. The goriness of the movie is what I expected it to be. When I hear 300 I think fighting and extreme gory moments.
The goriness in the movie was not sickening unless you have a weak stomach. There is a lot of heads being cut off in this movie, but when that happens they don’t let you see it on camera. The goriness is what makes the 300 movies. They change up the way the goriness is displayed every time there’s an occurrence that causes it.
The intensity of the fighting in this movie is unbelievable. It’s either someone dominating the other, like there was no chance for the opponent or when it’s the two leaders, it ends in a shockingly exciting kill. One of my favorite factors of the movie is how the inspirational chilling quotes that they say to each other that makes my hair stand up. The ending was like a punch in the face. They ended the movie right at the place I wanted to see the most.
The main factors that made the movie what it is are the plot, the goriness, and the intensity. There was a father and son and the son was always at his dad’s back so the dad always told him this sentence that makes you realize how different today is from the year they were in the movie. That quote is “ Fight hard and don’t look back” usually it would be the dad worried about his son. This movie had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.