August Rush | Teen Ink

August Rush

December 2, 2008
By Anonymous

August Rush was a great movie, one of the best I have ever seen in my life. The movie starts out by showing the one of the main characters Even Taylor (Freddie Highmore) and his life in an orphanage.

He was always hoping his parents would come. Both of his parents were musicians. His mom Lyla Novacek (Keri Russell) played the cello and his dad Louis Connelly (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) played the guitar in a band.

Evan’s parents met on a rooftop while listening to a street version of Moon dance. When Evan’s mom is pregnant with him she gets in an argument with his dad and leaves in a hurry and gets hit by a car and when she awakes in a hospital bed her father says that the baby died in the crash.

But they let him the gift of music, for example he can turn the loud bustling noises of a New York City into a symphony of noises. Evan Taylor ran away to New York City in search of his parents hoping they will hear him there. When he is there he meets a kid that helps him and his guardian “The Wizard” (Robin Williams).

The next day when everyone is still asleep Evan finds the guitar and starts “playing” it and every one wakes up and surrounds him and the Wizard says that he is a natural.

I don’t want to give away too much so if you would want to know the rest of the story then I highly recommend getting August Rush. I liked the movie because you just want to keep watching because the plot is sooooooo good. I was hooked from the beginning when he went to New York City.