Why Frozen Thaws the Heart of Many | Teen Ink

Why Frozen Thaws the Heart of Many

April 11, 2014
By Ashnm1011 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Ashnm1011 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Over the years there have been a number of animated films with the intention to entertain a family. To children animated films may come to them as a joyous heaven; however, the older eye may view animated movies as an escape to have their youth recreated. Anything is possible in an animated fantasy; they encourage and play out a little one’s imagination while Disney keeps them clean and family friendly. Animation also allows the viewers to connect by putting bits of everyday conflicts and emotions into the storyline; for example, in Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer human emotion was transferred into Rudolf making the movie cute yet relatable.
Frozen is a wintry animation that ties in various classics, some of which are common in two classic winter movies: Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. However, having a snowman in any winter movie is inevitable. Frozen brings all of the necessary classics into the picture: a princess, a prince, a talking snowman, and an animal friend.
Frozen is a wintry and adventurous animation with a splash of comedy. Elsa (voiced by Idina Menzel) was next in line for Arendelle's throne that is until her ice and snow powers left her exposed to the kingdom. She then ran off unknowingly leaving Arendelle in an “eternal winter.” Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) is Elsa’s sister and follows after Elsa to return her back to Arendelle. Along the adventurous journey Anna befriends Cristoff the provincial boy, Sven the Reindeer, Olaf the Snowman, and more; at the end of the movie the characters learn what true love really is.
Frozen was a must see quick 108 minute movie; the type of movie that you wouldn’t mind going to see repetitively, having plenty of humor and love throughout. Frozen fits in numerous classics and grabs a laugh from all ages. At 16-years old I hadn’t expected the movie to be nearly as enjoyable as it was the two times I’d seen it; Frozen kept me with constant crack-ups and giggles; though most animations are quite predictable a few unexpected twists were thrown in leaving the audience in of in a gasp of air. Over all, the movie was hard not to love, left exuberance to the majority of the viewers, and was an absolutely adorable for the winter movie.