Twilight

The fantastic book by Stephanie Meyer has been made into a movie of much less quality. Twilight the movie had a very rushed plot line that was difficult to follow. Bella was a below-average actress. Edward's skin is supposed to be stunningly beautiful in the sun, yet in the movie it merely sparkled as if coated with glitter.

This said, the movie did do some things well. It had a good build-up to the climatic battle, and a few quality special-effects. The character of Edward performed well, and Jacob was included in the movie just enough to cause the viewer to wonder, "what's he up to?" It causes the viewer to expand their imaginations because, as the movie has set up society, vampires of this sort may very well be living among us today! Twilight leaves the viewer excited for the sequel, "New Moon".

hbeats4u2 said...
I have finally found a reviewer with good quality. The movie was horribly played out. But I am a MAJOR twilight BOOK fan.

lilsportsbug198 said...
i think that every one who read the book then saw the movie was going to not like the movie that much. but for me i have ready all four books and i have seen the movie at least 12 times in the movies and i wouldnt be mad to go see it again!! i love TWILIGHT

Anthony D. said...
A bit too brief...really brief. And it's StephEnie, not StephAnie.

Airn said...
True, very few movies are as good as their best-seller, classic books. However, that doesn't mean you should have to lower your expectations as much as the movie Twilight made you. I was sorely dissapointed with how they portrayed the characters. In a book, what you visualize is rarely what the movie does, but I never pictured characters of Twilight the way the movie did. I'm surprised New Moon is already planned to hit the screens.

Alex215 said...
Dec. 8, 2008 at 2:23 am
Overall this is good, but since I have not read the books or seen the movie, I think you could have added more details about the movie, the plot, or the actors. Of course you are right that a lot of movies are disappointments to their novel counterparts, which is too bad.