Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

Sitting in the theater on opening night I was so excited, that I was beginning to get impatient waiting for the film adaptation of the best selling book “Twilight” by author Stephenie Meyer, to start.

For those who have not yet read the first book or seen the movie, twilight tells the story of 17 year old Bella Swan who moves from Phoenix, Arizona to rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father Charlie who is the Sheriff in the small town, and Edward Cullen a gorgeous and mysterious class mate of Bella's at Forks High School, Edward and his four “siblings” are the adopted children of Dr. and Mrs. Cullen. Edward and his family shy away from the other students and don't socialize with any one, that is until Bella arrives and Edward is drawn to her, he tries to convince her that it would be better if they were not friends as he is dangerous, but neither of them can stay from the other, but Edward has a secret in fact so does his entire family, they are all vampires minus the fangs, coffins, and the sucking of human blood. Edward and his family drink only the blood of wild animals.

The role of Bella Swan is played by 18 year old Kristen Stewart, and 22 year old Robert Pattinson plays the gorgeous vampire Edward Cullen. The on screen chemistry between Stewart and Pattinson is undeniable, as fans of all ages cheered, or gasped or let out long drawn out ahhhhhhhhhs every time the two characters came within inches of each other.

Overall I felt that the filmmakers did an amazing job bringing the book to life and deserve a round of applause. I think that fans of the book will be happy with how the film turned out, the ending of the film left me salivating for more, and I absolutely can not wait for the sequel New Moon to come out.

on Dec. 3 2008 at 3:28 am
Hey! This is my first review and your feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks!