Twilight: The Movie | Teen Ink

Twilight: The Movie

Twilight. One of the greatest books that have ever crossed the book stores in my lifetime of sixteen years. I first decided to read the book when I saw the preview for the movie on one of my many ventures to the movie theatre. After reading the book I was simply floored by its amazing story line. I was determined to go see the movie the first weekend it was out in the theatres.

I was successful in obtaining my tickets for the Saturday following the release. I waited in great anticipation as the week dragged by and the day of the Twilight movie release came closer and closer. Then finally it arrived and I was not disappointed in the least.

The story of Twilight concerns an average teenage girl named Isabella Swan, or better known as just Bella, (Kristen Stewart) as she moves to the little and basically unknown town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie Swan (Billy Burke). It is in this town that Bella first meets Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), who is indeed a lethal vampire. Bella's life begins to change drastically as her and Edward become more involved and eventually fall in love. However, danger begins to unfold as new vampires come to the nonexistent town and Bella's life becomes the hunt of a lifetime for the vampire James (Cam Gigandet).

“Twilight” is one of the greatest movies that I have seen this year and I would recommend that everyone go see it, whether you are a teenage girl obsessed with Edward Cullen or an innocent boy being dragged to the movies by his girlfriend (or mother). The story line is excellent and the cast did a phenomenal job and for those who do not like the love aspect of the movie, there is an amazing fight sequence that would put even Jackie Chan to shame.